- Animosity III – The Prime Dominion is a five-week narrative event beginning July 14th.
- Player turns last 4 days and run from 12:00am EST Wednesday through 11:59pm EST Saturday.
- The update period lasts 3 days and runs from Sunday through Tuesday.
- Players submit Reports each turn through a Google form on our website. The form and other submission guidelines can be found here.
- Player reports are divided into five types: Play, Hobby, Writing, Storytelling, Arts & Crafts. Players may submit one Report of each type up to a maximum of three Reports each turn.
- After July 1st, you’ll be able to register to play for a Coalition in our Discord. After registering, you will be granted access to private channels to collaborate, discuss strategy, and engage in diplomacy with other players in your Coalition.
- When you submit a Report through the Google form, you’ll be able to choose 1 of 3 Narrative Paths available to your Coalition that turn. You may allocate your Reports to as many or as few Narrative Paths as you choose.
- The more reports allocated to each Narrative Path, the more likely your Coalition will enjoy a favorable outcome in the Unfolding Narrative.
- Winning Narrative Paths- and the margin you win them by- determines how well your Coalition does during the campaign.
- Overwhelmed by our Discord server? Don’t worry- you can mute certain channels or even the entire server by right-clicking/selecting what you want to mute. Can’t keep up with everything? You don’t have to- the #Updates and #Resources channels will always have everything you need to know.
Where to Start
- Every player needs to join our Discord server. You can find it HERE. Discord is a free app for mobile and PC that lets people chat via text, voice or video in real time, and it’s where all our players can interact with each other, and the campaign team, about all things Animosity.
- If you’re new to Discord, you will need to create an account and Discord username. Your Discord username will be needed later in the campaign, so pick something memorable!
- Head to the “Rules” channel and familiarise yourself with the code of conduct, as well as a brief rundown of what each of the Discord channels are for.
- Feel free to introduce yourself in the “Introductions” channel and tell people as much or as little about yourself as you’d like.
- Once you’ve joined Discord, it would be a good idea to head to the website (AnimosityCampaigns.com) and read the materials on the ‘Setting’ and ‘Figureheads & Coalitions’ pages (you can access these from the menu bar on PC, or from the menu toggle in the top-left corner of a mobile screen). These will bring you up to speed on where the current campaign is set, and who’s involved.
- Registration for the campaign will begin on July 1st 2021 – a new “Registration” channel will open in Discord then.
- Each player will need to join a Coalition to take part. To register, post in the “Registration” channel in Discord stating which Coalition you want to join.
- You’ll be added to the relevant Coalition group and gain access to the private Coalition-specific channels, where you can discuss and plan with your teammates during the campaign.
- The campaign begins on 14th July and runs until 18th August, for a total of five turns (with each turn lasting a week). Players have from Wednesday to Saturday each week to act and submit their reports as a coalition.
- Each turn players can submit reports to aid their coalition. To submit a report, players should head to the ‘Submit your Reports’ page on the website, click the “Submit Report” banner (which will take you to a Google Form page) and fill out the submission form.
- There are five different report types available – Play, Writing, Hobby, Arts & Crafts and Storytelling. Players are allowed to submit up to three different report types per turn. Definitions for each of the report types can be found on the ‘Submit your Reports’ page on the website. If in doubt, ask!
- Each coalition will be presented with Narrative Paths each turn – these represent the options available to the coalition during the turn, and are what players dedicate their reports to. When you submit a report, you will need to select which Narrative Path you want your report to count towards – basically, which course of action you wish to pursue. Generally, players in a Coalition will confer and discuss which Narrative Paths to dedicate their collective reports to in order to achieve a particular goal on behalf of their Coalition and Figurehead.
For general Discord usage, Discord has a series of articles that might be useful HERE.
- Lots of players change their Discord username to reflect their in-character persona. Depending on the device you’re using, there’s two ways to do this: on PC, right-click your username and select ‘Change Nickname’; on mobile, click the ‘Members’ icon in the top-right corner then select your username and click ‘Manage User’. You should then get the option to change your nickname. Note that this does *not* change your Discord username, so won’t affect your ability to submit reports for the campaign.
- We have a lot of channels on Discord for various different things. The ‘General’ channels are fairly self-explanatory. The ‘Hobby’ channels are for players to chat, discuss and share various hobby-related topics, Animosity-related or not. The ‘Soulbound’ channels are specifically for Cubicle 7’s Soulbound Age of Sigmar RPG.
- The Animosity-specific channels are slightly different. ‘Da Warpath’ is devoted to sharing all your Animosity III-related hobbying in the build up to the campaign starting.There is a pinned document ‘Animosity III Rogues Gallery’ – this is for players to write up a brief bio of their character, and read about other player characters in the build up to the campaign.
- ‘The Epicurean’ and ‘Five Guys’ channels are our in-character roleplaying channels – they are an opportunity for player characters to mingle in neutral territory, mostly for fun. Once the campaign starts the proprietors will be able to answer questions about events in the Prime Dominion, and may be a useful source of information.
- Any campaign need-to-know information will be posted in the ‘Updates’ channel
- Any useful reference material and third-party resources will be posted in the ‘Resources’ channel
- Finally, please use the ‘Ask Us Anything’ channel if there’s something you need to know, and Team Animosity will answer!